PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Program crashes when opening another program
Program crashes when opening another program
Débuté par Stephan Wiestner, 05 fév. 2004 20:30 - 4 réponses
Posté le 05 février 2004 - 20:30
Hello again
I wrote a program in WD 7.5 where I read a million lines from a text file and write it into a Hyperfile (ok, that's only a part of it, but I guess the most important for my problem). Since this program runs quite long, i wanted to open "Word" in the meantime. Unfortunately my WD program crashes.
Everytime I start an another application parallel, my program crashes, but only this one without any dialogs. Did I forget anything?
Thanks a lot for any help
Stephan
Posté le 06 février 2004 - 10:06
For debugging crashes we use the utility "Filemon" developed by sysinternals.
This is freeware.
You can download this tool from "www.systernals.com" >> Utilities >> Filemon.
You can monitor all file system activity on a system in real-time.
Run FileMon, start your app, reproduce the error, stop monitoring and trie to find the last action your app made. Maybe you see something you can related the error to.
Goodluck.

greetings,
Joop
Member of the Dutch-speaking Windev DeveloperGroup (WDG)
Hello again
I wrote a program in WD 7.5 where I read a million lines from a text file and write it into a Hyperfile (ok, that's only a part of it, but I guess the most important for my problem). Since this program runs quite long, i wanted to open "Word" in the meantime. Unfortunately my WD program crashes.
Everytime I start an another application parallel, my program crashes, but only this one without any dialogs. Did I forget anything?
Stephan

New-Way Automation b.v.
Posté le 10 février 2004 - 01:15
Hello Joop
Thanks a lot for your help. I will try "Filemon". In the meantime I found out that my program doesn't crashes really, it just "waits" until I close the other program. I still don't have a clue :-(.
Greetings
Stephan
For debugging crashes we use the utility "Filemon" developed by sysinternals.
This is freeware.
You can download this tool from "www.systernals.com" >> Utilities >> Filemon.
You can monitor all file system activity on a system in real-time.
Run FileMon, start your app, reproduce the error, stop monitoring and trie to find the last action your app made. Maybe you see something you can related the error to.
Goodluck.

greetings,
Joop
Member of the Dutch-speaking Windev DeveloperGroup (WDG)
Hello again
Stephan
Posté le 10 février 2004 - 10:45
Hi Stephan,
try running your command through CMD and START, like this:
'CMD /C START PROGNAME.EXE WORKING.FIL'
This starts the called program in a new window, and releases the calling program immediately.
See the help for CMD and START commands in your OS. The sample works in Win 2000. I am using it with my CPD 2.1 (I call it the Silver Bullet :-)) DOS programs.
Best regards
Ola Pedersen

I still don't have a clue :-(.
Greetings
Stephan

Pienoismalli magazine
Posté le 17 février 2004 - 12:01
Hello again
Stephan