PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → ODBC driver with encrypted files
ODBC driver with encrypted files
Débuté par Stefano Mestriner, 10 oct. 2023 14:11 - 5 réponses
Posté le 10 octobre 2023 - 14:11
Good day

I have a client that uses ODBC to access data on their client/server setup. I recently encrypted and password protected all the FIC files. They now cannot access the data files anymore.

Is it possible to use the ODBC driver to connect to a HFSQL Client Server which has password protected FIC data files?
Membre enregistré
18 messages
Posté le 17 octobre 2023 - 15:33
Hi, did you check this topic ??

https://help.windev.com/en-US/…
Membre enregistré
122 messages
Posté le 20 octobre 2023 - 13:58
i found for one two years ago, using Version 24, two not documented parameters for the connectionstring:
-checkIntegrity
-encryption

checkintegrity is now since version 28 documented by PCSoft
encryption not, i asked as i found this parameters the free PCSoft Support
about the values for this parameters (whereas checkIntegrity was simple (=1) and worked in version 24)
i got as answer, that this information is not available for the free PCSoft support.
The value(s) for the encryption-Parameter i did not find,
so you have to wait for documentation in later versions, or you pay for support
Membre enregistré
122 messages
Posté le 20 octobre 2023 - 14:11
checked my communication :)
instead checkintegrity, the name is IntegrityCheck (as documented in Version 28)

the other one is Encryption
the value could be your encryptionpassword

give it a try and give a feedback ;)
Membre enregistré
122 messages
Posté le 20 octobre 2023 - 14:27
btw. if you use HF-Classic Tables and you do not give the IntegrityCheck-Parameter with Value 1 in the connectionstring,
the ODBC driver will create duplicate records (not byself of course) without any error, even if you have defined unique keys.

so i recommend, if you use HF-Classic Tables with the ODBC-Driver, to include this parameter in the connectionstring
Membre enregistré
1 message
Posté le 02 novembre 2023 - 11:08
Thanks for the information but I havent been able to access the encrypted files using the Encryption parameter. Perhaps that parameter is used to encrypt the data connection with the ODBC driver.

I'm not sure but I have tried all forms of the parameter and cannot even see the encrypted files in the directory. Only the unencrypted ones show up.