PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [WD11] HF via ODBC to Magic (a little OT)
[WD11] HF via ODBC to Magic (a little OT)
Débuté par Teun van Unen, 11 sep. 2007 08:20 - 2 réponses
Posté le 11 septembre 2007 - 08:20
H e l l o,
Like most of you know I came from (and still use) Magic/eDeveloper. Now I am trying to read HF files via ODBC in Magic. I create a connection with Excel and can read the files but with Magic I try to make a Browse, but Magic gives an error.
The connection

The error

and Magic aborts.
Because there are some (a lot of?) old-Magic developers in this forum I put the question here.
Who can help me ? TIA.
Regards,
Teun.
Posté le 17 septembre 2007 - 16:22
Teun

I cannot see that this is a WD issue.

Failed to open Magic.ini usually means your shortcut is pointing to a directory which does not contain a MAGIC.INI - either as start-in directory or with the /INI = as part of the Target.

I cannot help with the use of HF OBDC except to say that I did once try it via Magic and it seemed to work OK (V7.5 so read only) but in the end I did not need to continue with this as a WD rewrite was adopted.

Regards

DerekT

>H e l l o,

Like most of you know I came from (and still use) Magic/eDeveloper. Now I am trying to read HF files via ODBC in Magic. I create a connection with Excel and can read the files but with Magic I try to make a Browse, but Magic gives an error.

>The connection

>

The error

>

and Magic aborts.

>Because there are some (a lot of?) old-Magic developers in this forum I put the question here.

Who can help me ? TIA.

>Regards,

Teun.
Posté le 17 septembre 2007 - 16:24
Thanks, Derek, for your reply. I could be a WD issue when it's the ODBC. That's the reason I wrote : a little off-topic.

Do you still know if you get the same screens I show ? By the way the error on the Magic.ini is not at startup, but when I do a ctrl-G on the file (for generating a browse) I get the screens I showed in my message after I clock OK for generating.

OK, I'll had to investigate.

Regards,

Teun.

>Teun

I cannot see that this is a WD issue.

>Failed to open Magic.ini usually means your shortcut is pointing to a directory which does not contain a MAGIC.INI - either as start-in directory or with the /INI = as part of the Target.

I cannot help with the use of HF OBDC except to say that I did once try it via Magic and it seemed to work OK (V7.5 so read only) but in the end I did not need to continue with this as a WD rewrite was adopted.

>Regards

DerekT

>>H e l l o,

>>Because there are some (a lot of?) old-Magic developers in this forum I put the question here.

Who can help me ? TIA.

>>Regards,

Teun.