PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WEBDEV 2024 → Responsive design with static left column
Responsive design with static left column
Débuté par Donatas, 21 juin 2017 09:32 - 1 réponse
Posté le 21 juin 2017 - 09:32
Hello,

For some time i was trying to make web page were left side (or just one element) is static (width set 270px) and next to it cell with adapt to grid configuration.

I have tried using zones in wb22, but i didnt achieved the desired effect. I also tried cells and all other stuf. But so far nothing worked.

Can someone help with solution?

Added screen shot with some info

https://ibb.co/mmMYJQ
Posté le 23 juin 2017 - 13:26
Hi Donatas,

Indeed, zones are pretty much useless in responsive design.
Without using zones, the problem is that Webdev anchoring in width is always relative to the page width, so if there are any fixed size elements on a line the content will soon overflow when decreasing the browser width.
The best option I could find was to use two cells, one fixed width to the left, anchoring left and one cell right, anchoring right, adapt to grid. After that, decrease the blade width by using the arrows on the blade label. When reaching a lower blade, at some point there will be overflow of the cell. Now go back to the blades original width and decrease the size of the cell and recheck if at some point overflow occurs.
Of course there will be some whitespace between the cells, if it becomes too large insert extra blades.
On each blade starting point you can resize the cell to the maximum width where no overflow will occur.

Kind regards,
Piet