PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WEBDEV 2024 → AWP pages
AWP pages
Débuté par Luis carlos, 17 déc. 2008 00:01 - 2 réponses
Posté le 17 décembre 2008 - 00:01
Hi,

I am trying to generate an .awp page that will show some information from an firebird database.

I have a component that already works in windev and handle all the database transaction (add, edit, delete, get) through ODBC driver.

When i use this component with a dynamic webdev page and a windev application, it works fine; however, when i try to use it with .awp page (without context) it does not work anymore.

i did not figure out why this happend because all the code responsible for retrieve information from database is encapsulated in a component and it should work indenpendently of context or not. The component is the implementation of the design pattern DAO and contains classes and procedures required to retrieve information through dynamic array of classes. Is any limitation regarding to dynamic array in .awp mode?

i would appreciate comments from someone with more advanced knowledge about webdev .awp pages than me.
Posté le 17 décembre 2008 - 16:19
Hi Luis...

I do not think that that there is any specific limitation concerning
dynamic arrays in awp mode...

But an awp page is pretty much the same thing than a stand alone
project, and does not return the same set of answers (current directory,
DB directory, etc), so the cause of the problem is probably somewhere
along those lines...

Without seeing the code used and the component functions, it's
unfortunately hard to be more precise...

Hope this helps

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on http://www.fabriceharari.com

Luis carlos wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to generate an .awp page that will show some information from an firebird database.

I have a component that already works in windev and handle all the database transaction (add, edit, delete, get) through ODBC driver.

When i use this component with a dynamic webdev page and a windev application, it works fine; however, when i try to use it with .awp page (without context) it does not work anymore.

i did not figure out why this happend because all the code responsible for retrieve information from database is encapsulated in a component and it should work indenpendently of context or not. The component is the implementation of the design pattern DAO and contains classes and procedures required to retrieve information through dynamic array of classes. Is any limitation regarding to dynamic array in .awp mode?

i would appreciate comments from someone with more advanced knowledge about webdev .awp pages than me.

Posté le 19 décembre 2008 - 07:53
HI,

I am creating web services from my component and using them with .awp pages. Now it works fine.