PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Groupware
Groupware
Débuté par Graham Hadlington, 27 fév. 2008 14:20 - 4 réponses
Posté le 27 février 2008 - 14:20
Hello

Is there a way of activating groupware in an application that doesn't use a database?

Thanks

Graham
Posté le 27 février 2008 - 16:58
Hi Graham,

Could you be expound on what you're wanting to do?

You could have specific logins that are hard coded such as Admin, User, etc., and then do your own groupware. It's quite easy to do this. You create groups for your controls, say GP_Admin, GP_User, etc.. and then when theuser logs in with the specific login you then hide/disable groups of controls based upon their login.

HTH

Glenn Rathke
Posté le 27 février 2008 - 17:30
Hi Glenn

Thanks for answering: I just wanted a login/password for the application. I don't want the user to not have access to anything, just to keep their work private.

Hope that makes sense?

Regards

Graham

>Hi Graham,

Could you be expound on what you're wanting to do?

>You could have specific logins that are hard coded such as Admin, User, etc., and then do your own groupware. It's quite easy to do this. You create groups for your controls, say GP_Admin, GP_User, etc.. and then when theuser logs in with the specific login you then hide/disable groups of controls based upon their login.

HTH

>Glenn Rathke
Posté le 27 février 2008 - 23:19
If you use the user groupware you don't have to define the gpw* files in your project it is done automatically by windev(you can use it in one project without analysis).

>Hi Glenn

Thanks for answering: I just wanted a login/password for the application. I don't want the user to not have access to anything, just to keep their work private.

>Hope that makes sense?

Regards

>Graham

Hi Graham,

>>Could you be expound on what you're wanting to do?

You could have specific logins that are hard coded such as Admin, User, etc., and then do your own groupware. It's quite easy to do this. You create groups for your controls, say GP_Admin, GP_User, etc.. and then when theuser logs in with the specific login you then hide/disable groups of controls based upon their login.

>>HTH

Glenn Rathke
Posté le 28 février 2008 - 08:18
Hi

I have enabled it through the menu option but it does not appear when I test the app?

Thanks

Graham

>If you use the user groupware you don't have to define the gpw* files in your project it is done automatically by windev(you can use it in one project without analysis).

>>Hi Glenn

>>Hope that makes sense?

Regards

>>Graham

Hi Graham,

>>>Could you be expound on what you're wanting to do?

>>>HTH

Glenn Rathke