PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Webdev Deployment
Webdev Deployment
Débuté par PETER ZHOU, 18 mar. 2008 13:53 - 6 réponses
Posté le 18 mars 2008 - 13:53
Hi,

It seems that if i have the webdev IDE environment installed on the same machine as the deployment computer, it will work well.

I thought can just copy all the relevant files & setup the same setting on another computer, it will work well but it doesn't.

Can anybody give me some guidelines or steps to deploy on another computer with the IIS & webdev app server installed ?

Thanks in advance !

PETER ZHOU
Posté le 18 mars 2008 - 18:56
Hi,

Can anyone help me with the webdev deployment ? I just want to manually copy the files...but what to setup at the server & webadmin setting ?

I can't use the FTP option as the windows server is w/o the ftp server.

It seems the .WDL it's not working...if i setup the webdev IDE, web app server and compiled in the computer and run from there, it works...But i want to deploy in another computer running IIS, web app server, it doesn't work...

Pls help !

>Hi,

It seems that if i have the webdev IDE environment installed on the same machine as the deployment computer, it will work well.

>I thought can just copy all the relevant files & setup the same setting on another computer, it will work well but it doesn't.

Can anybody give me some guidelines or steps to deploy on another computer with the IIS & webdev app server installed ?

>Thanks in advance !

PETER ZHOU
Posté le 19 mars 2008 - 00:04
Hi

You donot give much information. Have you properly installed webdev 'deployment' version on the 2nd machine?

With webdev IDE you can prepare a deployment package or perform a remote installation (FTP). Both work fine. I use these procedures all the time.

M.

>Hi,

Can anyone help me with the webdev deployment ? I just want to manually copy the files...but what to setup at the server & webadmin setting ?

>I can't use the FTP option as the windows server is w/o the ftp server.

It seems the .WDL it's not working...if i setup the webdev IDE, web app server and compiled in the computer and run from there, it works...But i want to deploy in another computer running IIS, web app server, it doesn't work...

>Pls help !

Hi,

>>It seems that if i have the webdev IDE environment installed on the same machine as the deployment computer, it will work well.

I thought can just copy all the relevant files & setup the same setting on another computer, it will work well but it doesn't.

>>Can anybody give me some guidelines or steps to deploy on another computer with the IIS & webdev app server installed ?

Thanks in advance !

>>PETER ZHOU
Posté le 19 mars 2008 - 08:03
Hi,

Yes...the webdev deployment version is properly installed on the 2nd computer...i can do wedadmin login...no problem with it...

>With webdev IDE you can prepare a deployment package or perform a remote installation (FTP). Both work fine. I use these procedures all the time.

M.

If i choose the option to prepare a deployment package...how do i manually copy it over ? do i need to follow any folder or do any rename ? is the "EXE "folder needed ?

>Hi

You donot give much information. Have you properly installed webdev 'deployment' version on the 2nd machine?

>With webdev IDE you can prepare a deployment package or perform a remote installation (FTP). Both work fine. I use these procedures all the time.

M.

>>Hi,

>>I can't use the FTP option as the windows server is w/o the ftp server.

>>Pls help !

Hi,

>>>It seems that if i have the webdev IDE environment installed on the same machine as the deployment computer, it will work well.

>>>Can anybody give me some guidelines or steps to deploy on another computer with the IIS & webdev app server installed ?

Thanks in advance !

>>>PETER ZHOU
Posté le 19 mars 2008 - 12:05
1) Copy the EXE and YOURAPP_WEB foldres to the deployment machine

2) In IIS add one alias to YOURAPP_WEB folder

3) Open the WebDev administrator, go to sites, add a new site (YOURAPP.WDL)

That is all

>Hi,

Yes...the webdev deployment version is properly installed on the 2nd computer...i can do wedadmin login...no problem with it...

>>With webdev IDE you can prepare a deployment package or perform a remote installation (FTP). Both work fine. I use these procedures all the time.

M.

>If i choose the option to prepare a deployment package...how do i manually copy it over ? do i need to follow any folder or do any rename ? is the "EXE "folder needed ?

>>Hi

>>With webdev IDE you can prepare a deployment package or perform a remote installation (FTP). Both work fine. I use these procedures all the time.

M.

>>>Hi,

>>>I can't use the FTP option as the windows server is w/o the ftp server.

>>>Pls help !

Hi,

>>>>It seems that if i have the webdev IDE environment installed on the same machine as the deployment computer, it will work well.

>>>>Can anybody give me some guidelines or steps to deploy on another computer with the IIS & webdev app server installed ?

Thanks in advance !

>>>>PETER ZHOU
Posté le 19 mars 2008 - 15:31
Hi,

I've added the WDL...and it gave some error...but if i add the WWP, it works...

What's the difference ?

>1) Copy the EXE and YOURAPP_WEB foldres to the deployment machine

2) In IIS add one alias to YOURAPP_WEB folder

>3) Open the WebDev administrator, go to sites, add a new site (YOURAPP.WDL)

That is all

>>Hi,

>>>With webdev IDE you can prepare a deployment package or perform a remote installation (FTP). Both work fine. I use these procedures all the time.

M.

>>If i choose the option to prepare a deployment package...how do i manually copy it over ? do i need to follow any folder or do any rename ? is the "EXE "folder needed ?

>>>Hi

>>>With webdev IDE you can prepare a deployment package or perform a remote installation (FTP). Both work fine. I use these procedures all the time.

M.

>>>>Hi,

>>>>I can't use the FTP option as the windows server is w/o the ftp server.

>>>>Pls help !

Hi,

>>>>>It seems that if i have the webdev IDE environment installed on the same machine as the deployment computer, it will work well.

>>>>>Can anybody give me some guidelines or steps to deploy on another computer with the IIS & webdev app server installed ?

Thanks in advance !

>>>>>PETER ZHOU
Posté le 19 mars 2008 - 18:14
Check what version of the webdev administrator you are using.

In the webdev DVD you will find one deployment version for test (10 connections).

The version that uses the wwp is the development version.

WWP is the source of your preject, WDL is the run-time.

In the rigth corner of the wd110admin you will see something like "Test Server" version.

>Hi,

I've added the WDL...and it gave some error...but if i add the WWP, it works...

>What's the difference ?

1) Copy the EXE and YOURAPP_WEB foldres to the deployment machine

>>2) In IIS add one alias to YOURAPP_WEB folder

3) Open the WebDev administrator, go to sites, add a new site (YOURAPP.WDL)

>>That is all

Hi,

>>>Yes...the webdev deployment version is properly installed on the 2nd computer...i can do wedadmin login...no problem with it...

With webdev IDE you can prepare a deployment package or perform a remote installation (FTP). Both work fine. I use these procedures all the time.

>>>>M.

If i choose the option to prepare a deployment package...how do i manually copy it over ? do i need to follow any folder or do any rename ? is the "EXE "folder needed ?

>>>

Hi

>>>>You donot give much information. Have you properly installed webdev 'deployment' version on the 2nd machine?

>>>>M.

Hi,

>>>>>Can anyone help me with the webdev deployment ? I just want to manually copy the files...but what to setup at the server & webadmin setting ?

I can't use the FTP option as the windows server is w/o the ftp server.

>>>>>It seems the .WDL it's not working...if i setup the webdev IDE, web app server and compiled in the computer and run from there, it works...But i want to deploy in another computer running IIS, web app server, it doesn't work...

Pls help !

>>>>>>Hi,

>>>>>>I thought can just copy all the relevant files & setup the same setting on another computer, it will work well but it doesn't.

>>>>>>Thanks in advance !

PETER ZHOU