PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [WD8] Not running on win 98
[WD8] Not running on win 98
Débuté par Gill, 23 mai 2004 13:36 - 5 réponses
Posté le 23 mai 2004 - 13:36
Hi all
I just noticed progams produced in WD8 - and indeed the installer - won't run on Win98.
Has anyone else noticed this?
Posté le 23 mai 2004 - 13:46
Hmm
Silly me, it works here but not there.
Bcak to the drawing board.
Hi all
I just noticed progams produced in WD8 - and indeed the installer - won't run on Win98.
Has anyone else noticed this?
Posté le 23 mai 2004 - 18:13
Hmm

Hi Gill,
Can you elaborate? Does it GPF, not start, or? Clarion 6 can GPF a machine, there are multiple threads in the Clarion NG's about it. I'm wondering if 8 has the same problems.
Art
Posté le 24 mai 2004 - 03:47
Hmm
Hi Gill,

Can you elaborate? Does it GPF, not start, or? Clarion 6 can GPF a machine, there are multiple threads in the Clarion NG's about it. I'm wondering if 8 has the same problems.
Art

Hi Art,
It initializes the program, brings up the splash screen (probably in reverse order) and then causes a GPF. But not in all machines.
I am running the smae program here (and the installer) on an Epia 500 with 64mb Ram, but both refuse to run on a better machine with 128Mb. I'm just on my way back to the customer for the third day to try again.
Gill
Posté le 24 mai 2004 - 16:00
G'day Gill
Have you tried it without the splash screen - may be a graphics switching problem.
Sometimes if you post the text of the gpf into google or microsoft tech support you may get an answer or an indication of where to look.
Regards
Al
Posté le 25 mai 2004 - 03:12
Thanks Al, I'll try that.
The computer seems to have more than one problem which I will fix first.
Gill
G'day Gill
Have you tried it without the splash screen - may be a graphics switching problem.
Sometimes if you post the text of the gpf into google or microsoft tech support you may get an answer or an indication of where to look.
Regards
Al