PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Diagrams and sub-diagrams
Diagrams and sub-diagrams
Débuté par Mauricio, 22 aoû. 2008 09:47 - 9 réponses
Posté le 22 août 2008 - 09:47
Hi all,
I'm new with Windev, so be patient. I use Dezign as data modeller for my databases and then I can import the tables to Windev. Dezign has a nice feature, you can define sub-diagrams of your project, for example a Sub-diagrams for Accounting Plan, other for Invoices, etc. If your system has more than 100 tables this is very useful.
Question: can you do something similar in Windev Analysis?
Thanks in advance.
Mauricio
Posté le 22 août 2008 - 09:45
Thanks Al. I have a question about that: there are some tables that can be in different groups (for example, a users table). How do you handle that with different groups?
Hello Maurico
All the main groups creditors, payroll, jobs, GL etc have really bright colours and are in groups around the edges of the main analysis window. Less important groups are in lighter colours and placed near their main groups and all the odds and ends are left with a white background and placed in the centre of the display. Not perfect but it works for us
[IMG]

[/IMG]
Regards
Al
Hello Mauricio
Apologies for the bad spelling.
Regards
Al
Hello Maurico
One tip:
To colour multiple files at once, you can lasso them and right click, properties, color/font/etc > items> background color
Regards
Al
Thanks Al. I will play a little with your idea.
Posté le 22 août 2008 - 09:46
Good tip, thanks Al!
By the way, call me Mauricio :)
Thanks Guenter. Perhaps in version XIII, for the moment I can live with Dezign and Windev.
Hello Maurico
For a large project we physically place the files together in logical groups and then set a different background colour for each group of files. This makes it very simple to go straight to the file group you want.
If you can't find a file easily in the analysis, you can click on the file name in the analysis pane and it will be highlighted in the analysis window.

Regards
Al
Hi Mauricio, in principle - yes. Starting from WinDev 11 you can have a Main Group and SubGroups in the Analysis. I used that once on a big project and it was not to my taste, because relations cannot be easily drawn and looked at between Main Group an the Sub Groups. Sure, it's fine if there is a completely separated Sub-Analysis contained in the project - without any relations to the main project. So, yes it can be done but you have to live with the result. Regards, Guenter