PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → hseekfirst & hreadseek
hseekfirst & hreadseek
Débuté par charles candy, 15 aoû. 2004 08:52 - 2 réponses
Posté le 15 août 2004 - 08:52
I confuse with these function .
the different is using hreadseek I able to get the data , so what is purpose of hseekfirst? , when I try it it set hfound to true but when i try to show the value, nothing come out, why?
Posté le 15 août 2004 - 09:43
Hi,
HreadSeekFirst(..) reads the first record of a (presumably) consecutive number of identical keys. Means, HreadSeekFirst(..) is not for unique keys, it's used to read an index with duplicates. HreadSeek(..) is for indices with unique key values ..
Commands HreadSeek(First)(..) work quite fine. 'Nothing come out' may be because you did no FileToScreen()? If this is not the solution, please post the code snippet showing what you're trying to do.
Regards, Guenter
the different is using hreadseek I able to get the data , so what is purpose of hseekfirst? , when I try it it set hfound to true but when i try to show the value, nothing come out, why?
Posté le 16 août 2004 - 05:01
Hello Charles,
The 5.5 documentation is clearer about the advantage of HSeek(), (now HSeekFirst()). If you need to know that a key exists, but you don't need to have the data, HSeek() is faster because it doesn't read. Examples: Is '78650' a valid zip code? For spell checking, is 'strawberry' in the list of valid English words?