PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → How to insert a graphic in Table's column
How to insert a graphic in Table's column
Débuté par robert zhong, 30 oct. 2004 18:15 - 6 réponses
Posté le 30 octobre 2004 - 18:15
Dear Windev experts,
I am trying insert a icon or BMP in the memory table's column, like the one offered by PCsoft, the "Search" or the "Arrow".
The reason being I got a lot of info that needs to show in one table,I figure I put a column with a "ARROW" meaning user can select whatever info they want to show in that column.
The closest I can think of is to put a ComboBox above the column, but difficult to align and it is ugly, best if I could use existing column with a "Arrow" in it.
Maybe it too much to ask?
thanks
robert zhong
Posté le 30 octobre 2004 - 02:13
Hi Robert
Create an Image In the Analysis
say Table_Img with Property Image Binary Memo
And you can fill it with something like
HLinkMemo(MyTable,TABLE_IMG,"C:\My Projects\Test\Arrow.gif",hMemoImg)
You can even have it Conditionally fill with Different Images.
Hope this helps.
Keep well
Peter Purton

Dear Windev experts,
I am trying insert a icon or BMP in the memory table's column, like the one offered by PCsoft, the "Search" or the "Arrow".
The reason being I got a lot of info that needs to show in one table,I figure I put a column with a "ARROW" meaning user can select whatever info they want to show in that column.
The closest I can think of is to put a ComboBox above the column, but difficult to align and it is ugly, best if I could use existing column with a "Arrow" in it.
thanks
robert zhong
Posté le 30 octobre 2004 - 03:55
Hello Robert,
1. Click on "Create BUTTON"
2. Overlap column head with the new button & re-size it to fit
3. on general tap
clear the cation
select a image
clear the background image
4. on style tap
select "BTN_LINK"
5. now you a column head with an image & button control
I hope this helps
Don
Dear Windev experts,
thanks
robert zhong
Posté le 30 octobre 2004 - 17:36
Hi, Al,
I am using your simple but good solution, as you instructed, I have locked the column so it can not be moved or ajusted.
But I hope one day PCsoft will allow a pic on anything just as you can put a picture on TABs etc.
THANK YOU ALL!
robert zhong
G'day Robert
One solution is to paste the icon as a separate picture in the column heading. For this to work you would need to lock the column to maintain its position relative to the graphic. Users could then click directly on the graphic to activate the popup.
Regards
Al
Posté le 30 octobre 2004 - 18:34
Hello Robert,
I dont know exatly what you want, but look in the table style. There are columns with arrow.
Christoph

Dear Windev experts,
thanks
robert zhong
Posté le 30 octobre 2004 - 19:21
Hi, Christoph
Those arrows indicate the columns sortable, I want the ARROW as part of the column title, preferably at the right side (end of ) the column title, an graphical indication to user that they can click the column , a list will popup to select other fields as the column.
for example , say the original column is called "Address", this same column (Title) can be clicked and a popup offered to select other fieds like "Telphone", "Current Balance" etc.
thanks
robert zhong

Hello Robert,
I dont know exatly what you want, but look in the table style. There are columns with arrow.
Christoph

Dear Windev experts,
thanks
robert zhong
Posté le 31 octobre 2004 - 01:45
G'day Robert
One solution is to paste the icon as a separate picture in the column heading. For this to work you would need to lock the column to maintain its position relative to the graphic. Users could then click directly on the graphic to activate the popup.
Regards
Al