PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → MAX / MIN  out-of-range message & WDINT
MAX / MIN out-of-range message & WDINT
Débuté par JoeA, 27 juil. 2003 17:21 - Aucune réponse
Posté le 27 juillet 2003 - 17:21
Re: the English default message for out-of-range entries on fields
We were told by the manufacturer of the system that if you want French messages, you'd

have to get/use the French version of the system.
>>Of course there's no Italian etc. version, so if you want multilingual messages in this case
there seems to be no way but to hand-code a routine to do that....
If enough people this problem to PCSoft, it might convince them that this is a problem:

Italians don't like to see English messages coming up, nor do others -
t would be important to be able to use the MessTranslate function for this.
Best regards,
Joe

Hi again!
Yesterday I tried for several hours to get to know which key the user press in a control (A, 1, p, etc.) and did not find a way to do it, only for system keys I found something in the help, but I feel sure it should be a function for that.
I also have declared a Max and Min values to a numeric control and it works fine in preventing the user enters values outside the fixed range, the trouble is that when one attempts to insert numbers out of range, WD displays a message telling the user whats wrong, but I would like to translate the message to other language (english by default), is there a way to do so?

Thanks Xavier, but:
Thanks for your suggestion, but as far as we could find, the WDINT tool will NOT allow to translate the out-of-range message. We will check once more to be sure - it would be nice if you're right after all; when we brought the question up with PCSoft they said to just use/get the French version if we wanted a French message, and for others to hard-code our own individual error-message (using MessTranslate etc.).
Best regards,
Joe
Thanks again for your time...
Hi Joe,

the standard WinDev system messages can be translated into Italian, German, Spanisch, Dutch, ... with the small translation tool WDINT, just have a look at the website of PCSOFT, it cost a 150,00 € w/o vat.
Kind regards,
Xavier Schauwvlieghe
Founder of the WinDev Developers Group
Belgium and the Netherlands