PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → WinDevCon
WinDevCon
Débuté par Art Bonds, 29 nov. 2004 07:56 - 7 réponses
Posté le 29 novembre 2004 - 07:56
There has been a few suggestions by users in having a WinDev Developers Conference (WinDevCon) here in the US. I am looking to guage the interest from possible attendees.
Looking to have it probably in Nashville, TN in the spring, probably April 2005. Nashville is a central location (based on WD sales), has relatively inexpensive hotels and is a Southwest Airlines hub.
We can have peer to peer training - one dev has already volunteered to speak on MySQL. In that case the only fees would be to cover the cost of the meeting room. Or we can ask LSI to conduct training (maybe the mid-level WinDev course), in which case the fees would be higher to cover LSI's training costs.
The length of the conference would depend on the content.
Looking for a head count of possible attendees and what would be your choices/suggestions for content.
Thanks,
Art Bonds
WinDevUS
Posté le 29 novembre 2004 - 13:28
So from LA we can go West with SouthWest. Another movie in the making.
Looks good from here, air fares on shoulder from Aussie.
Gill
There has been a few suggestions by users in having a WinDev Developers Conference (WinDevCon) here in the US. I am looking to guage the interest from possible attendees.
Looking to have it probably in Nashville, TN in the spring, probably April 2005. Nashville is a central location (based on WD sales), has relatively inexpensive hotels and is a Southwest Airlines hub.
We can have peer to peer training - one dev has already volunteered to speak on MySQL. In that case the only fees would be to cover the cost of the meeting room. Or we can ask LSI to conduct training (maybe the mid-level WinDev course), in which case the fees would be higher to cover LSI's training costs.
Looking for a head count of possible attendees and what would be your choices/suggestions for content.
Thanks,
Art Bonds
WinDevUS
Posté le 29 novembre 2004 - 15:58
>So from LA we can go West with SouthWest. Another movie in the making.
Yep! Southwest flys non-stop from LA to Nashville. But they don't show movies on their flights...

"on shoulder"? Aussie term?
Art Bonds
WinDevUS
Posté le 29 novembre 2004 - 17:48
Count me in Art.
-Marc
Posté le 29 novembre 2004 - 22:12
I'll bring the beer. Count me in!!
Nashville I think is only 3 hours by car from my location in Kentucky. This is the first time I have lucked out like this. Heck WinDev is saving me all kinds of time no matter what I do with WinDev.
John Marrone
Thanks,
Art Bonds
WinDevUS
Posté le 30 novembre 2004 - 00:48
hi Art,
The movie I was referring to is North by NorthWest. An old Hitchcock.
So South by SouthWest is the opposite.
'Shoulder' is a travel term to describe a fare basis that is not low nor high. Fares change at different times of year dsepending on the amount of people travelling at that time to a particular destination.
Gill

So from LA we can go West with SouthWest. Another movie in the making.
Yep! Southwest flys non-stop from LA to Nashville. But they don't show movies on their flights...

"on shoulder"? Aussie term?

Art Bonds
WinDevUS
Posté le 01 décembre 2004 - 15:53
I will be there - Wingate at the airport is a good hotel for a small group
Posté le 20 décembre 2004 - 06:35
I'll be there. Count me in! :)
Jean-Marc

Thanks,
Art Bonds
WinDevUS