PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → How to use Dotnet
How to use Dotnet
Débuté par Dimitris Kostoulas, 09 déc. 2004 20:58 - 4 réponses
Posté le 09 décembre 2004 - 20:58
Hello everybody
I am new to WinDev and I would like to use some third party controls , that have been made for .net , but I dont't have any idea how to place one of these controls in a window.
Is there someone who can give me an example how to do this?
I have already seen the example of PCSoft but I would like an example of a visual control , a grid or a button for example.
Thank you for your time
Dimitris
Posté le 09 décembre 2004 - 22:29
Yasus Dimi and Welcome
It would help if you let us know what
sort of 3rd party controls you intend to
Use, OCX's ??.
Keep well
Peter Purton
Hello everybody
I am new to WinDev and I would like to use some third party controls , that have been made for .net , but I dont't have any idea how to place one of these controls in a window.
I have already seen the example of PCSoft but I would like an example of a visual control , a grid or a button for example.
Thank you for your time
Dimitris
Posté le 10 décembre 2004 - 08:50
Hi Dimitris,
To my humble opinion the only thing you can do from within a Windev application is call a .NET XML web service and talk to it as if it were a remote function. The other way around you can create a .NET compliant web service (using SOAP and WDSL) starting from a Windev application. Incorporate a .NET control however (e.g. datagrid) is not (yet) possible.
Since Windev is actually written in C# .NET it should come as no suprise that a closer integration between the two worlds is yet to come.
Regards.

Filip
Hello everybody
Thank you for your time
Dimitris
Posté le 10 décembre 2004 - 10:54
Filip wrote:
>Since Windev is actually written in C# .NET it should come as no suprise that a closer integration between the two worlds is yet to come.
Are you sure about that?
As far as I know WinDev/WebDev/WinDev PPC is written mostly in C++ and WinDev itself (E.g. all the wizard screens). C# is a very different product and has actually not much to do with C/C++. Also C# is a runtime based language (compiles into .NET intermediate language) while C/C++ are natively compiled into machine language (Correct me if I'm wrong).
Maybe things have changed at PCSoft, but if they are planning to build for different platforms (Linux/Wintel) C# is no option.
So a closer integration with .NET won't have much to do with the use of C# according to me.
Cheers,
P.
Posté le 10 décembre 2004 - 10:58
Hi Filip,
are you sure that WinDev is written in C# ????
Henning
Hi Dimitris,
To my humble opinion the only thing you can do from within a Windev application is call a .NET XML web service and talk to it as if it were a remote function. The other way around you can create a .NET compliant web service (using SOAP and WDSL) starting from a Windev application. Incorporate a .NET control however (e.g. datagrid) is not (yet) possible.
Since Windev is actually written in C# .NET it should come as no suprise that a closer integration between the two worlds is yet to come.
Regards.

Filip
Hello everybody
Thank you for your time
Dimitris