PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Clarion for Dos 3.09 error
Clarion for Dos 3.09 error
Débuté par Gill, 14 aoû. 2003 15:50 - 4 réponses
Posté le 14 août 2003 - 15:50
Hi all you Clarionistas out there, I have a specific problem with CFD3.09 I can't seem to solve.
I make and run a program under XP or 98 (DOS) and it goes well.
I take the exe file and put in on a CF with either DR DOS or PTS DOS and get a floating point error and it wont run.
Any suggestions are most welcome.
Thanks
Gill

PosTrans Bus & Coach Software
Posté le 17 août 2003 - 15:22
Hi all you Clarionistas out there, I have a specific problem with CFD3.09 I can't seem to solve.
I take the exe file and put in on a CF with either DR DOS or PTS DOS and get a floating point error and it wont run.
Thanks
Gill

Hi there,
Did u compiled it as a single .exe without runtime?
You might need to have version 3.1
Regards,
Lau
Posté le 18 août 2003 - 04:20
Thanks
Gill

Hi Gill,
Just two thoughts for what they are worth:
1) There was a later release of CFD - version 3.1 Version 3.09 was still only a beta as I recall
2) Have you tried it under MSDOS? Remember Windows is emulating DOS and maybe automatically covering a bug in your code. It could be that the same fp error would show up under 'real' DOS
hth,
Clive
Posté le 18 août 2003 - 15:29
Thanks
Gill
Posté le 18 août 2003 - 16:24
It was all in the compiling as suggested by Jon, but then my Dos skills are lacking at the moment.
I have compiled it as an automatic overlay program - but not allocated any EMS - it all went to XMS.
So,, recompiling to a standard program let it work.
Thanks to both fr your assistance
Gill