FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Error In Previous Post on Reporting
Error In Previous Post on Reporting
Débuté par Milton Kirkwood, 12 oct. 2005 10:38 - 3 réponses
Posté le 12 octobre 2005 - 10:38
The message should have read -
Hi,
I am having trouble when using dates in a report because they do not print out in the required format. In the analysis I specified a date with entry mask DD/MM/YYYY and returned value as DDMMYYYY. For example, I entered 30th September 2005 as 30/09/2005 and it shows that way in the data entry form. When it prints out in a report it prints as 05/20/3009. I have tried various DateToString and StringToDate conversions but to no avail. I did get it working using the following code by setting global variables
Day is int
Month is int
Year is int
NewDate is string
and then using
Day=RequestDate
Month=RequestDate
Year=RequestDate
and constructing a date from this using -
NewDate=NumToString(Day,"02d")+NumToString(Month,"02d")+NumToString(Year,"4d")
DateRequired=NewDate
Although it worked it seems a difficult way to
Posté le 12 octobre 2005 - 11:21
Hi Milton,
though dates can be shown in different ways (display/input mask) the way they have to be stored is only one: YYYYMMDD This is the format WinDev is using dates internally - as strings. All file items representing dates should be in the format YYYYMMDD as well! This is logical, because this format is the only way that returns a sorted date field. So, though there is the possibility to have another returned format, always choose YYYYMMDD !
The input / display mask is a different story. WinDev offers quite a number of options of how to display / input dates. You can choose the appropriate one or, if your program is for a number of countries, you can even define a different input / display mask for each language and if that's not enough, the mask could be changed even programmatically.
Keeping that in mind, dates will always display nicely without any string-fiddling!
Kind regards,
Guenter
Hi,
I am having trouble when using dates in a report because they do not print out in the required format. In the analysis I specified a date with entry mask DD/MM/YYYY and returned value as DDMMYYYY. For example, I entered 30th September 2005 as 30/09/2005 and it shows that way in the data entry form. When it prints out in a report it prints as 05/20/3009. I have tried various DateToString and StringToDate conversions but to no avail. I did get it working using the following code by setting global variables
Day is int
Month is int
Year is int
NewDate is string
and then using
Day=RequestDate
Month=RequestDate
Year=RequestDate
DateRequired=NewDate
Posté le 12 octobre 2005 - 13:39
When you define a date field on a window, there are two format attributes. One for the data entry mask and another for how the date should be stored. How did you define the date storage attribute?
Posté le 14 octobre 2005 - 00:04
Thanks Guenter,
I appreciate the help and the prompt reply - I have been programming in Clarion for many years and just recently switched to Windev.
Milton
Hi Milton,
though dates can be shown in different ways (display/input mask) the way they have to be stored is only one: YYYYMMDD This is the format WinDev is using dates internally - as strings. All file items representing dates should be in the format YYYYMMDD as well! This is logical, because this format is the only way that returns a sorted date field. So, though there is the possibility to have another returned format, always choose YYYYMMDD !
The input / display mask is a different story. WinDev offers quite a number of options of how to display / input dates. You can choose the appropriate one or, if your program is for a number of countries, you can even define a different input / display mask for each language and if that's not enough, the mask could be changed even programmatically.
Keeping that in mind, dates will always display nicely without any string-fiddling!
Kind regards,
Guenter
Hi,
Day is int
Month is int
Year is int
NewDate is string
and then using
Day=RequestDate
Month=RequestDate
Year=RequestDate
DateRequired=NewDate