PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Need some explantion about analysis
Need some explantion about analysis
Débuté par Ione, 10 nov. 2005 09:05 - 2 réponses
Posté le 10 novembre 2005 - 09:05
Hi,

I'm just starting to discover the wonderful world of WinDev. I'm working with Sybase PowerBuilder for a couple of years. (So any tips about the differences are also welcome :-))

Can anybody explain how to work with analysis? From the manual I don't understand it totally. What's the role of an analysis in a application that uses a database (Firebird in my case)?
Posté le 17 novembre 2005 - 18:18
An analysis is a description of the tables that reside in a database. By describing the all the tables/databases that will be used prior to development of the actual interface, windev can aid you in your design. As an example if you have a field in a database that is a byte or boolean, you can describe that it should be treated as a checkbox throughout the application.

From that point forward if you were to use RAD to develop a window that was going to be accessing that field, it would automatically know to place a checkbox there for you.

An analysis is also the place that you would define relationships between tabels. This way if you deleted a record from a table that had a relationship to another table, it would enforce that relationship without you having to write code manually.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!
Ken

PS. If anyone sees I missed anything, please jump in.
Posté le 18 novembre 2005 - 09:01
Thank you for your answer.

If you don't use the RAD-option of WinDev, what's the benefit of an analysis?
And I have the relationships (joins) in the database, so the integrity is secured there.

Is it necessary to have an analysis?