FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → class/component/library/dictionary
class/component/library/dictionary
Débuté par Teun van Unen, 23 nov. 2005 18:19 - 4 réponses
Posté le 23 novembre 2005 - 18:19
Hello,
class/component/library/dictionary .
I have one apps, still written in Magic, that contains several files used by a lot of other apps e.g. VAT, countries, languages, currencies.
What's the best way to redevelop in WinDev ?
Make several components : 1 for VAT, 1 for languages and so on ?
Or put it all in a library/dictionary (who can tell me the difference?) ?
Or maybe create classes ?
Who can and will send me some examples in using that different kind of stuff ?
TIA,
Teun
P.S. In needing a lot of time to learn another tool I discover I am not the youngest anymore.
Posté le 23 novembre 2005 - 18:53
Hello Teun,
a) We us libraries if we need dynamic functionalities flanged to an application. For example, we have an interface for a machine which is able (extenable) to deliver different formats. We have therefore a base application and can then define that this app has three instance of format AB and two of format XY. The base app calls then the functionality ABProcData from AB.WDL and XYProcData from XY.WDL.
b) We use components if need capsulated functionalities, for example logon dialogs, label printing, barcode and RFID reader and dispatchers.
For all what we do we use classes, that means even for the example under a) there are classes behind XYProcData.
HTH
Raimund
Hello,
I have one apps, still written in Magic, that contains several files used by a lot of other apps e.g. VAT, countries, languages, currencies.
TIA,
Teun
P.S. In needing a lot of time to learn another tool I discover I am not the youngest anymore.

http://www.invitec.com
Posté le 24 novembre 2005 - 10:06
Hello Raimund,
Can/Will you send me the information you wrote at http://f16.parsimony.net/forum28986/messages/15723.htm ?
(I can send you (not before Monday) a simple class to demonstrate what can be done with Event/Constructor etc.)
Maybe I understand a little bit more that phenomenon.
Great TIA,
Teun.

Hello Teun,
a) We us libraries if we need dynamic functionalities flanged to an application. For example, we have an interface for a machine which is able (extenable) to deliver different formats. We have therefore a base application and can then define that this app has three instance of format AB and two of format XY. The base app calls then the functionality ABProcData from AB.WDL and XYProcData from XY.WDL.
b) We use components if need capsulated functionalities, for example logon dialogs, label printing, barcode and RFID reader and dispatchers.
For all what we do we use classes, that means even for the example under a) there are classes behind XYProcData.
HTH
Raimund
Hello,
TIA,
Teun
Posté le 24 novembre 2005 - 15:37
Upps, didn't I do that?
I will look in mail and example folder.
Raimund
Hello Raimund,
Can/Will you send me the information you wrote at http://f16.parsimony.net/forum28986/messages/15723.htm ?
(I can send you (not before Monday) a simple class to demonstrate what can be done with Event/Constructor etc.)
Maybe I understand a little bit more that phenomenon.
Great TIA,
Teun.

Hello Teun,
HTH
Raimund
Hello,
TIA,
Teun

http://www.invitec.com
Posté le 24 novembre 2005 - 20:46
Hello Raimund and Teun:
Can I have it too, please??
My email is ludara@darsegu.com
Thanks in advance.
>Upps, didn't I do that?