PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → OO programming win WINDEV
OO programming win WINDEV
Débuté par marcos, 09 jan. 2006 10:02 - 4 réponses
Posté le 09 janvier 2006 - 10:02
I have worked with delphi for years to now (I see the windev and i'm testing it). But some things not seens good to me.
How I can persist an object in a relational data base, and how show the content of an object in the form?
I liked windev very much, but to me he seems just a RAD environment and not so come back toward OO.
All we know of the advantages when working of form OO and the Windev does not seem to be so worried about the mixture between layers (GUI-BussinessRule-Persistence-Database).
I would like for example to bind to the attributes of a class to components of the window using the tab "linking" (7 tabs dialogue).
And I whould like to, use the same commands H... to record and to load data of my database to objects or lists.
Thank you!
Posté le 09 janvier 2006 - 12:13
I have worked with delphi for years to now (I see the windev and i'm testing it). But some things not seens good to me.
How I can persist an object in a relational data base, and how show the content of an object in the form?
I liked windev very much, but to me he seems just a RAD environment and not so come back toward OO.
All we know of the advantages when working of form OO and the Windev does not seem to be so worried about the mixture between layers (GUI-BussinessRule-Persistence-Database).
I would like for example to bind to the attributes of a class to components of the window using the tab "linking" (7 tabs dialogue).
And I whould like to, use the same commands H... to record and to load data of my database to objects or lists.
Thank you!

Hi,
Unless you want to write your own n-tier layer coding, you'll have to wait for WD10. This has a new feature to allow easy 3-tier architecture creation. In summary the classes for doing the object-relational mapping can be generated automatically.
I guess you'll have to have some more patience.
Regards,
Peter
Posté le 09 janvier 2006 - 13:20
// Unless you want to write your own n-tier layer coding, you'll have to wait for // WD10. This has a new feature to allow easy 3-tier architecture creation. In
// summary the classes for doing the object-relational mapping can be generated
// automatically. I guess you'll have to have some more patience.
Thanks Peter. U know someone that have coding a n-tier layer on version 9? I see that all protocol to WD10 n-tier is with XML serialization and deserialization. This seens slow, but i think that we can wait! I hope that English version come soon!
Why windev is built into french instead english! The french version have many things that not is on english version
Sry my english. i'm Brazilian guy!
Posté le 10 janvier 2006 - 12:09

Hello Marcos,
In fact, very few things are really objects in Windev. Windows, fields and buttons are not among them. So, for someone used to genuine OO programming Windev will naturally be disappointing. On the other hand, Windev is much more simple to handle than Delphi, and the same applies, I was told, to V.Foxpro. I'm not really a confirmed OO programmer but I use what is available in Windev and for the rest enjoy the Windev editors. If query performance was also up to scratch, I could live with that very well.
Regards
Mat
Posté le 04 février 2006 - 21:14
In the online Windev 9 brochure they mention that n-tiers are possible in Windev 9????