PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → HF/CS and MySQL.
HF/CS and MySQL.
Débuté par Aad Gouka, 23 mar. 2006 14:55 - 3 réponses
Posté le 23 mars 2006 - 14:55
Hi all,
I'm very new to HF/CS and MySQL I know nothing about.
I experimented with HF/CS and it seems to work very well. When I start a new application, files are generated with hCreation like I'm used with coventional HF.
What I like to know is, if I switch to MySQL does this work the same as with HF/CS or do I need to generate the empty files in another way.
My final goal is to connect my application to a website with MySQL-support, so my customers use their websites to share the data.
Can this be done or.......??
Thanks in advance for any input.
Grtz,
Aad
Posté le 23 mars 2006 - 16:42
Hi Aad:
Yes if you use MySQL the files are generated with HCreation.
In relation to the second part of your question I don't know the about this topic.
Guillermo
Hi all,
I experimented with HF/CS and it seems to work very well. When I start a new application, files are generated with hCreation like I'm used with coventional HF.
What I like to know is, if I switch to MySQL does this work the same as with HF/CS or do I need to generate the empty files in another way.
My final goal is to connect my application to a website with MySQL-support, so my customers use their websites to share the data.
Grtz,
Aad
Posté le 23 mars 2006 - 16:43
HF/CS looks good but sql performance on very large databases isn't the best. If you expect your data to be large and speed requirements high, go with MySQL otherwise HF/CS.
issah
Hi all,
Grtz,
Aad
Posté le 23 mars 2006 - 17:53
Hello Guillermo,
Thank you for your answer. Do you by any chance know if I can
use fMakedir etc. the same manner I'm used to. I tried to test it,
but directory is made in the local directory and not on the HF/CS server.
Grtz,
Aad

Hi Aad:
Yes if you use MySQL the files are generated with HCreation.
In relation to the second part of your question I don't know the about this topic.
Guillermo
Hi all,
Grtz,
Aad