PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Windev 9. Is it a step backwards from Windev 8?
Windev 9. Is it a step backwards from Windev 8?
Débuté par steve erts, 23 mar. 2006 16:42 - 3 réponses
Posté le 23 mars 2006 - 16:42
I have just really started working with WD 9 extensively. I had spent most of my time previously working with Windev 8.
On the surface WD 9 appears to have a lot of new features, but it also seems to have more bugs and unfinished pieces.
At this point I'm not sure I don't regret moving my application to WD 9.
Do others share this perception?
Posté le 23 mars 2006 - 17:53
I have just really started working with WD 9 extensively. I had spent most of my time previously working with Windev 8.
On the surface WD 9 appears to have a lot of new features, but it also seems to have more bugs and unfinished pieces.

Yes and No. I had many problems with WD9 due to undocumented changes in the HF query engine resulting in problems using nested sub-queries. Also, HF query contexts are most of the time lost when using the print preview. I wasted a lot of time over that. On the other hand, with WD9 queries perform faster in a network environment so that I had no option but to stick with that version though I liked WD8 better, too.
Regards
Mat
Posté le 23 mars 2006 - 17:54
Hi Steve...
Welcome to the club !!!!.
I buy WD9 in August 2005 (PCSoft send me WD8, in this moment WD9 is in pre-release).
Ok, I start with WD8, in certain moment, I have a problem with a mail functions, I report it to PCSoft, the response is ... "MOVE TO WD9".
Today, I said ... "bad step", but i can't return to WD8.
Now, I'm figthing with OleDB (see http://www.f16.parsimony.net/forum28986/messages/23047.htm)
10 Time faster ????
Guillermo

Posté le 24 mars 2006 - 06:59
Understood. I moved mostly b/c of support for Mysql 5.
I haven't had a lot of problems with 9 other than the help being undocumented, it's just a general feeling I have that WD8 was much tighter.
There are ton of new features in WD 9, but most of them seem to be driven from the marketing hype end and not developmental practicality.