Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Problems reading emails
Problems reading emails
Débuté par Simon PHILLIPS, 02 oct. 2022 14:14 - 3 réponses
Membre enregistré
32 messages
Popularité : +1 (1 vote)
Posté le 02 octobre 2022 - 14:14
Hi All

I have a strange problem when reading emails. I have set up a simple reader for getting all emails from an Outlook server (in this case my own email). If I read the emails as header only, (EmailReadLastHeader, EmailReadPreviousHeader) then every email flows through without any problem.

However, if I use EmailReadLast, EmailReadPrevious so that it retrieves the messages as well, then on certain emails it will hang. It does not return an error, just hangs the program. I have set up the fatal error handling, but still hangs, so I hve no idea what could be causing it.

If I program it to skip that email, it does the same on another later on. The emails are always the same ones but all other work as expected.

I have tried to read the header, then retrieve the message of the text separately, which again works fine for most, but on the same two it again hangs.

I have looked at the whole of the email structure in the debugger, and compared the settings in the email variable retrieved in the header with one that was successfull, but nothings jumps out.

I have tried it using the WD_Mail example and it does the same thing on the same emails.

I have also used ThunderBird and MS Mail on the account and it reads all the emails without any issues, header and message.

The problem is that I cannot give this to customers if it is going to hang every time they read an email that is going to do this.

Has anyone come accross this before? I am using WinDev 26

--
Thanks
Simon Phillips
OtterReg Software
www.otterreg.com
Message modifié, 02 octobre 2022 - 14:35
Posté le 06 octobre 2022 - 13:31
Hi Simon,

Could you publish some of your code? I have just developed the same thing (opening an IMAP connection and reading the latest emails) and so far I have never had this problem. I am working in WinDev27.

Kind regards
Joris
Membre enregistré
32 messages
Popularité : +1 (1 vote)
Posté le 09 octobre 2022 - 14:10
Hi Joris

It has been fixed. It was a problem in Windev 26 for which the helpdesk gave me a link to download the fix which now works.

--
Thanks
Simon Phillips
OtterReg Software
www.otterreg.com
Posté le 06 décembre 2022 - 05:38
Hi Simon,

I am having this same issue for a few months now and I cannot figure out what happens.
Can you share the download link with me?

Regards, Tim