PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → New Features of  WD 11?
New Features of WD 11?
Débuté par M. Beaven, 16 oct. 2006 23:33 - 4 réponses
Posté le 16 octobre 2006 - 23:33
Can anyone with better language skills offer a teaser of the new features in WD11? Specifically, I would be interested in any noted improvements to Hyperfile CS.
Regards,
Marc
Posté le 17 octobre 2006 - 09:08
Can anyone with better language skills offer a teaser of the new features in WD11? Specifically, I would be interested in any noted improvements to Hyperfile CS.
Regards,
Marc

Hello Marc,
New HF C/S features
- Stocked Procedures
- 64 bit
- Server parameters changeable by code
- Dynamic load balancing
Other new HF features
- new SQL functions (listed under 47)
- nested SQL functions (listed under 48)
However, one of the most essential things to me, the guarantee of data integrity when using queries is still not implemented. So, I won't touch Hyper File Client/Server.
Regards
Mat
Posté le 18 octobre 2006 - 12:03
Thanks for the translation Mat. I am very curious about the dynamic load balancing. Does the document elaborate on that at all?
As for data integrity, are you referring to referential integrity checking when using insert queries?
Kind Regards,
Marc
Regards,
Marc

Hello Marc,
New HF C/S features
- Stocked Procedures
- 64 bit
- Server parameters changeable by code
- Dynamic load balancing
Other new HF features
- new SQL functions (listed under 47)
- nested SQL functions (listed under 48)
However, one of the most essential things to me, the guarantee of data integrity when using queries is still not implemented. So, I won't touch Hyper File Client/Server.
Regards
Mat
Posté le 18 octobre 2006 - 13:34
Thanks for the translation Mat. I am very curious about the dynamic load balancing. Does the document elaborate on that at all?
As for data integrity, are you referring to referential integrity checking when using insert queries?

Yes, I should have said referential integrity and neither insert, delete nor update queries respect it.
Below, you’ll find a translation of PC Soft's announcement about load balancing.
Regards
Mat
A server machine hosting a Hyper File server may be subject to a heavy workload. Hyper File now proposes two different models of load balancing:
“Automatic mode” where the server shares resources at the inverted percentage of accesses to the server. A process absorbing a lot of resources has to share its execution time with "lighter" processes. Thereby, a heavy process does not run at the cost of others.
“Priority mode” whereby one defines the priorities for specific processes. A process with maximum priority uses virtually all resources available. It’s thus possible to limit the resources of a client launching a great number of accesses which will be less penalizing for other users. The control centre allows managing these parameters without restarting the server, also by programming via new functions.
Posté le 18 octobre 2006 - 14:38

Yes, I should have said referential integrity and neither insert, delete nor update queries respect it.
Below, you’ll find a translation of PC Soft's announcement about load balancing.
Regards
Mat
A server machine hosting a Hyper File server may be subject to a heavy workload. Hyper File now proposes two different models of load balancing:
“Automatic mode” where the server shares resources at the inverted percentage of accesses to the server. A process absorbing a lot of resources has to share its execution time with "lighter" processes. Thereby, a heavy process does not run at the cost of others.
“Priority mode” whereby one defines the priorities for specific processes. A process with maximum priority uses virtually all resources available. It’s thus possible to limit the resources of a client launching a great number of accesses which will be less penalizing for other users. The control centre allows managing these parameters without restarting the server, also by programming via new functions.